Monday, March 28, 2011

Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge!!!

I have finally completed my entry for the Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge (I know I cut it close!) Here is what I came up with...
The parameters of the contest were very few which made it very hard for me to come up with a design/idea (the Wild  Thing Dress design came to me quickly once I picked the book). The first parameter was for it to be an original design and the second was for to use a technique from a list- I choose embellishment from this list and went with appliqueing.
I found an old notebook in my closet that had this bird and color palette on the cover and my head started coming up with this dress immediately...

 I am still getting the hang of appliqueing but I am getting better with all the curves, twists and turns!





She started off strong with lots of cooperation-

And then she was done with all the photos...


Here is the collage I sent to the judges:

No comments:

Post a Comment