Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Once Upon a Thread!

So I found “Once Upon a Thread” at “No Big Dill” and was instantly inspired. It is a month of sewing projects inspired by children’s books. Well, I finally finished my interpretation!
I created a Wild Thing Dress inspired by the book "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak

(My middle daughter reminds me of Max with all the mischief and talking back.)


She wasn't happy that as the king of the wild things I didn't make her a crown...

I am so glad that I participated in this series it really challenged me to do things outside of my "comfort zone." I created my own pattern and had to figure out how to accomplish my design. I am definitely going to go on a web search for more contests or themed projects to participate in to continue to challenge myself further!
Do you want to see others interpreted the challenge? Click Here for the flickr photos!

1 comment:

  1. very cool dress. I love the way you can tell exactly what it is without the costume-y vibe. Well done.

    ReplyDelete