Friday, September 23, 2011

Simplicity Pattern 2219


After looking at my daughters' closets I decided they didn't need me to make them anymore clothing. So I have moved on to me. I think will be good since I will be able to wear anything I make for me a lot longer than the kids can, since hopefully I won't be getting any bigger!!

While at Hobby Lobby a couple months ago they were having a $1 pattern sale (YAY!!) so I picked up a couple for me... this was one of them: Simplicity 2219

Very easy pattern, it is made with a stretch knit material so no zippers, buttons or other complicated sewing techniques needed. Actually this would be a great starter pattern for those learning to sew- except the elastic at the waist was confusing to insert. But I highly recommend that you do insert the elastic. It made the dress's empire waist hug my rib cage, and without it the dress would of looked looser and more like a maternity dress.

I made this dress's back like style "D" (above), full coverage. But if I do the dress again I think it would be neat to make the middle panel out of a lace or sheerer fabric.


I thought that I would post my review of this pattern on SewingPatternReview.com


Since it is still in the 90's here in Texas, I guess I will be wearing my new dress to church this Sunday. Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You have done a fantastic job of this - looks really good and comfy. Sounds like it has been very hot where you are - hopefully not too much work for your husband.

    ReplyDelete